Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 11, 2012 A Walk With Katherine Quigley

I was having my third experience of auricular accupuncture.  The first two had been like a step down to quietness, a strong feeling after the shen men needle went in. Today  I realized that my mind was clear and then I heard the ticking of a clock.  I thought that I would just allow thoughts to enter and  pass on through.  I had the memory of my grandmother taking me, my brother, Buddy and my sister, Jill walking across the Winthrop campus.  We would stop and watch the goldfish in a small pond in the wall of the Carnegie Library. Then we would explore the paths of a flower garden and she would tell us the names of the flowers.  We would sit down on a hill and make necklaces and bracelets with white clover blossoms.  We would go into the the science building.  It was always open.  There we would see a fox, a wolfe, an owl preserved through taxidermy.  And real fetuses
in bottles on a high shelf.  And then in a deep reverie, I saw myself as I am now with my grandchildren walking along with her seeing the fish, the flowers, the animals.

I am learning to do auricular accupuncture.

No comments:

Post a Comment