Friday, May 10, 2013

May 10, 2013 Back From the Dead

After two months, Big Cat is back, looking none the worse for wear and obviously not eaten by a coyote.
She missed the Flycatcher chicks and I am glad as one year, one fell out of the nest and Big Cat mauled it and brought it's body to me.

I went for a walk in Floyd's Greenlawn Cemetery while I was getting tires for my car. It was early and the workers were out digging, putting up tents and taking them down.  I saw a woman walking in the distance who then mysteriously disappeared.  It occurred to me that she could have been a ghost who had left her grave in the spring earth to have a walk around again.

At home, a message from my cousin, Andy, saying his brother, Bob's heart had weakened and he had quietly left the earth on Sunday.

I thought about how brave Big Cat is, how valiant, how fearless, to just up and leave for the unknown and then to return with the same Attitude.  And I thought now is the time to take more risks, not less. What is there to lose?

Later today, I am going to drive down to Atlanta in a rainstorm with one headlight to go with Eleanor to the High Museum to see the Frida and Diego exhibit which ends tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment