Sunday, January 12, 2014

Saturday, January 11, 2014 Thunder

At 5:00 am there is rumbling, rolling thunder and lightening illuminating the room.

I find a break in the downpour and walk briskly in the heavy fog before Tornado warnings and more rain comes in.

There are huge orange puddles, colored with the iron leached from the soil.  The Lawson's Fork Creek has overflowed far into the forest and is rushing in torrents over the spillway.

The early forsythia has been blooming since Christmas and I have found today that there are the first shoots of daffodils reaching from the ground beside my kitchen door.

"Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire,
I'd side with those who favor fire,
But from what I've known of hate
I'd say that ice is nice
And will suffice"

Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment