Monday, February 9, 2015

February 8, 2015 Cottonwood Trail: Sunshine on My Shoulder Makes Me Happy

It is 66 degrees at 2:30 pm. Where on cold mornings, only the deer and I are here, today there are families with toddlers and loopy puppies cavorting on leashes, teenagers in shorts and sleeveless shirts and cowboy boots, an older woman with three big lazy dogs, bicycles, even a little one in a stroller pointing out an "alligator" to me.  (So far as I know, no alligators have made it this far up the state, although they do move inland at least as far as Columbia.).

I have read that the cost of keeping up this trail and area is $31,000 a year and the volunteers have been out clearing and cutting the big trees that have fallen over the path.

This beautiful day has just given fuel to my dreams of visiting the coast while another foot of snow covers Boston.  There a woman reported her car as stolen and then found it under a mountain of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment