Monday, May 18, 2015

May 16,2015 The Cottonwood Trail on That Jingle Jangle Morning

I am rounding the board walk in the wetlands just after dawn. Two antlered young bucks, one brown, one faun are drinking at a small rivulet. Startled, they spring up but go only a few feet away. We stand silently observing each other, their beautiful round eyes unblinking.  Soon I round the walk and there before me within 10 feet is a silent doe, perfect, composed,  standing where the water has receded in this week without rain.
Unconcerned, she walks delicately a few feet away picking her way through the reeds and irises.

There is a gentle breeze wafting around me like the wind at the ocean while I sit for a while watching the morning birds streaking through the sky, the little woodpeckers drumming, a red winged blackbird perching over the water on a branch. A gray snake with an orange belly slithers into the muddy tall grass.

There is no one here but me. There is no other creature except the deer, the birds and the gray and orange snake. There is no one else in the universe on this jingle jangle morning.

Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man by Bob Dylan

Hey! Mr. Tambourine man, play a song for me
I'm not sleepy and there's no place I'm going to.
Hey! Mr. Tambourine man, play a song for me
On that jingle jangle morning, I'll come following you.

Take me for a trip upon your magic swirling ship
All my senses have been stripped
My hands can't feel to grip
My toes too numb to step
Wait only for my boot heels to be wandering.

I'm ready to go anywhere.
I'm ready for to fade, into my own parade.
Cast your dancing spell my way
I promise to go under it.

Hey! Mr. Tambourine man, play a song for me
I'm not sleepy and there's no place I'm going to.
Hey! Mr. Tambourine man, play a song for me.
In that jingle jangle morning, I'll come following you.

No comments:

Post a Comment