Friday, May 25, 2012

May 23, 2012 Shinrin yoku, Bathing in the Forest

Zach's official birthday.  It is getting hot.  I took the path along the Congaree from Gervais to Cayce
which is deeply forested and shaded.  The red cana lilly flowers are perched atop dark green and brown leaves reaching 8 or even 10 feet upwards. Beside them are orange lillies with moss green leaves, less tall but equally exuberant. Negative ions surround me from the river rushing over the rocks.
A man drifts quickly in his yellow kayak, fishing.  I spy a river cooter crawling up from the river bank.
It sees me and Boofa but does not withdraw into its shell.  It is as big as a platter for your Thanksgiving turkey. Behind me a man arrives with his camera to photograph him.

We meet a woman with a pug named "George".  My sister had two pugs named "Sally" and "Elizabeth".  My cousin has two now, named "Nick and Nora" from the Thin Man TV series. Once she had a pug named "Dr. Watson", who now rests in his grave at their old house.

No comments:

Post a Comment