Friday, July 6, 2012

July 5, 2012 The Heat Goes On

Even in the early morning, it is hot to walk.  Every day the temperature breaks the record. We met the lady who walks 8 miles a day and she had begun her walk at 6:20 am.
Peter and I were married on July 5,  1966 in the Catholic Church in New Delhi, India.  It was also a very hot day.  We spent the night in the International Hotel where the Beatles had stayed the year before and then the next night we rode the train to the hill station of Mussori in the Himalayas.  When the clouds parted, you could see Anna Purna.
For the wedding, I wore a white hand woven short dress with mirrors embroidered into it and a yellow glass bracelet that a seller had massaged onto my arm in the bazaar.  I couldn't get it off until I tripped and fell on my honeymoon and it broke.  In Mussori, we met a fortune teller who told Peter that he would be a king and live by a river.

No comments:

Post a Comment