Monday, July 9, 2012

July 8, 2012 Breaking the Six Mile Barrier

The heat wave continues. Certainly you could cook eggs on the sidewalk, but walking at daylight is good.  Boofa and I walked 8 miles today by doubling back on the rail trail.  We saw another rabbit, a smaller brown one that hopped to and fro and ran into the bushes.  The great elk horn shaped clusters of sumac are blooming red and brown.  Driving home, I saw men in their wife-beater undershirts sitting on porches drinking giant glasses of iced tea. Late in the day, the thunder rumbled and only a few drops fell.  I am nursing along some spouts of lemon grass I bought from the farmer's market.  I am not sure how to grow them, but I chop them up and stir fry a teaspoon full with the onions and veggies in a rice stir fry.  Tuesday, the heat is supposed to break.  So say the weathermen.

No comments:

Post a Comment