Monday, December 28, 2015

December 10, 2015 Where Are You Christmas?

I am glowing in the dark, radioactive from Ultra sounds and Ct Scans.

But I have a reprieve.  The breast lump is probably OK.  Dr. D., the surgeon is treating me without surgery.
It's not cancer.  He gives me a hug.

I will be here for Christmas.  I will cherish life.

I will walk the last  park trails.

December 25, 2015  Where Are You Christmas

Faith Hill, from The Grinch

Where are you Christmas
Why can't I find you
Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear the music play

My world is changing
I'm rearranging.
Does that mean Christmas changes too

Where are You Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have to let me go

If there is love
In your heart and mine
You will feel like Christmas all the time

I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away

The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love

Where are you Christmas
Will your heart with love

December 25, 2015

We are gathered around the table once again.  We take turns reading verses from Amazing Peace, the Christmas Poem read by the poet Maya Angelou, at the lighting of the National Christmas Tree on December 1, 2005.

...we clap hands and welcome the
   Peace of Christmas
We beckon this good season to stay a while
   with us
We, Baptist, Buddhist, Methodist, and
   Muslim, say come
Peace....
Peace my brother
Peace my sister
Peace my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment